Rustic Pear Tart, Simple Pear Dessert Recipe
Beautiful, Delicious, Easy, Holiday Dessert Recipe, Gluten Free Option
Rustic Pear Tart: Easy pear dessert recipe, gluten free option - cornmeal batter base, then pears, walnuts & apricot jam on top.
This simple holiday dessert recipe is easy to make, not overly sweet, beautiful, delicious - perfect for any special occasion.
Cornmeal isn't usually found in a fancy dessert, but works wonderfully in our Rustic Pear Tart recipe - which is not at all rustic!
Total prep & cook time: 1 hr 10 min
Nutrition Data, 168g: 334 calories, 119 calories from fat, 52g carbohydrate, 14g fat, 228mg sodium, 29g sugars, 4g dietary fiber, 3g protein, 13% DV Vitamin A , very low in Cholesterol, good source of Vitamin B6. Estimated glycemic load: 28
- 3/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk mixed with 1 Tbsp egg replacer
- OR: 1 Tbsp lemon juice plus enough nondairy milk to make 1/2 cup mixed with 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Gluten Free Option: Substitute 3/4 cup gluten free baking mix for the flour
- 3/4cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups ripe pears (about 6 pears, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp melted vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Oil and flour a 10 inch spring form pan
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Beat in zest, vanilla, and egg replacer mixture
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt and stir into butter mixture until just blended
- Spread batter evenly in pan
- Arrange pear wedges decoratively in a swirl pattern on top of the batter
- Sprinkle the pears with sugar and nuts and drizzle with butter
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes
- Warm the apricot jam until thin enough to spread and brush over the warm cake
- Allow to cool completely before serving
To make this pear tart gluten free: Substitute gluten free baking mix for the all purpose flour.
You'll need a 10 inch spring form pan for this recipe.
Allow the tart to cool completely before serving.