Quinoa Tofu Stuffed Peppers, Gluten Free Recipe
Easy Healthy Vegan Recipe - Quinoa, Tofu, Veggies, Spices
Quinoa Tofu Stuffed Peppers: If you're cooking quinoa, make extra to use in this easy, delicious qluten free quinoa recipe - simple to make but impressive looking.
When I found perfectly shaped, affordable organic bell peppers, I knew it was time to make Quinoa Tofu Stuffed Peppers!
Total Prep & Cook Time: 60 Min
Yield: 4 Servings
Nutrition Data Per Serving, 159 g: 302 cal, 34g carbs, 11g fat, 168mg sodium, 7g fiber, 16g protein, low Cholesterol, good source Vit B6, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper, Vit C, Vit K and Manganese. Estimated glycemic load 14
- 4 evenly shaped green bell peppers, all the same size
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, packed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped in small dice
- 1/4 cup minced purple onion
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini, 1/2 inch dice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper or sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled or finely chopped firm tofu
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Use walnuts or cooked brown lentils instead of tofu
- Cut out the stem end of each pepper in a circular shape. Trim off the seed pods, and reserve the stems. Scrape and shake the remaining membrane and seeds out of the peppers. Be careful not to split the peppers
- Heat oil on medium in a large shallow pan
- Prep the tofu and veggies
- Stir fry veggies and tofu until soft
- Turn the heat to medium low, and add the quinoa, basil, tomato sauce, Braggs or soy sauce, salt & pepper, parsley. Mix well
- Stuff the peppers with the quinoa mixture, packing it in well, and place the tops back on the peppers
- Baked In The Oven: Arrange the peppers in a baking dish, add 1/4 inch water, cover, and bake for 45 min - 1 hour at 375 degrees, until peppers are tender
- Steamed On The Stove: Place the peppers in a steamer basket in a deep pot with 1/2 inch of water. Bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to medium low, and steam for 20 - 25 minutes, until pepper are tender
- Cooked In The Crockpot: Place the peppers in a crockpot with 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook on low for 3 - 4 hours, until peppers are tender
Large, regular shaped, and sturdy green bell peppers work best for this recipe. Use walnuts or cooked brown lentils instead of tofu if you prefer. Bake, steam or cook in a crockpot.
One quinoa tofu stuffed pepper is a side dish serving, delicious with a light cream of cauliflower soup, or salad and focaccia bread.
Two quinoa tofu stuffed peppers makes a light supper for one person, perfect without anything else added - well maybe poached pears and chocolate brownies for dessert if you're feeling festive!
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us