Vegetarian Recipe: Quinoa, Corn, Black Bean Salad
Main dish gluten free quinoa salsa salad recipe & zesty lime dressing
Quinoa, Corn, Black Bean Salad: Corn salsa style quinoa salad is delicious any time of year, a perfect take-along recipe for work or school.
Thanks to our friend Janiece P. for this tasty quinoa salad recipe.
Janiece recommends eating quinoa black bean corn salad within 12 hours. That means you could make it the night before to take with you for lunch the next day. Yay!
Total Prep & Cook Time: 45 Min
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Data Per 247g Serving: 271 cal, 40g carb, 9g fat, 302mg sodium, 8g fiber, 10g protein, low Cholesterol, good source Vit. C, Folate. Estimated glycemic load 16
- For The Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or basil
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic heated until soft in 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- For The Salad:
- 2 - 3 cups cooked quinoa
- One 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained OR: 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 ears fresh corn, cooked, and kernels stripped off OR: 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped (about 3/4 cup
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper (red, green, orange, yellow or a mix)
- 1/2 cup chopped mango - fresh or dried (soaked)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- 1 hr ahead: Soak dried mango in hot water if you're using it instead of fresh mango
- 1 hr ahead: Cook quinoa if you haven't got any on hand
- Dressing: Chop scallions, cilantro and jalapeño pepper
- Combine with cumin, salt, pepper, olive oil & lime juice
- Salad: Rinse and drain the black beans
- Cook corn and slice off the kernels, OR: thaw 1 cup frozen corn
- Chop tomatoes and peppers
- Mix together cooked quinoa (press out any lumps), black beans, and veggies
- Add the salad dressing and stir
- Adjust seasonings to taste
- Serve garnished with lime wedges
- Cover and chill if you don't plan to eat the salad immediately
When you're cooking quinoa - or any grain - make double, so you'll always have some cooked quinoa on hand to add to recipes like Quinoa Veggie Stir Fry, Breakfast Quinoa, or Quinoa Tofu Stuffed Peppers
Since there were no fresh mangos when we first made this recipe, we used soaked dried mangos, which worked perfectly. If you can't find any mangos, just leave them out.
With leftover cooked quinoa, canned black beans and frozen corn, this quinoa salad recipe comes together very quickly!