Everyday Herbal Tonic Tea for Everybody
Thanks to Susun Weed & Rosemary Gladstar, our herbal heroines
This herbal tonic tea is a cross between a tea and an infusion. It's substantial, nourishing, and tasty, but not medicinal, and you can drink as much as you like.
It's good for everybody, an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, including Vit. C, E, K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, silicon and zinc, to name just a few, and will benefit every part of your body.
Herbal Tonic tea tastes good on it's own, and you can vary the taste with the optional herb mixtures and also add lemon and honey.
Total prep & cook time: 20 min
- 4 quarts boiling water
- 1 cup fresh nettle leaves, or 2 Tbsp dried
- 1 Tbsp dried horsetail
- 1 Tbsp raspberry leaf
- 1 Tbsp echinacea root
- 1 tsp milk thistle seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 Tbsp licorice root, 1 slice fresh ginger, 1 cinnamon stick - these make the tea sweet, warming and robust - nice in cold weather
- A few fresh leaves of peppermint, spearmint, lemon balm, or basil - refreshing in spring and summer
- 1 Tbsp rose buds, 4 green cardamom pods - cooling when the weather is hot
- Lemon and honey - good with any of the variations, but especially in the morning
- Bring the water to a rolling boil uncovered
- Add all ingredients, and simmer uncovered for ten minutes
- Turn off heat, cover and let brew another ten minutes or longer
- Strain and drink throughout the day
- Refrigerate and reheat if you like - it'll keep for a couple of days
- Chilled, with ice in hot weather, this tea is a lifesaver!
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us