Tofu Vegetable Frittata Breakfast or Brunch Recipe
Yummy Tofu Frittata, the Veggie Version of a Baked Omelet
Tofu veggie frittata is a perfect brunch food It's also delish for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks. You should make 2 or 3 frittatas for a crowd, because they'll definitely want seconds.
Yummy tofu frittata looks & tastes to me just like egg frittata. You could serve it to non-veggies and they'd love it!
I used the veggies I had in the fridge (not much), but there are many possible veggie combos you could use.
Total prep & cook time: 60 min
Nutrition Data Per Serving, 108g: 96 cal, 41 fat cal, 6g carbs, 10g protein, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 3g fiber, 2g sugars, 64mg sodium, low cholesterol, good source Vit A, B12, C, K, B6, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Nicacin, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc, Copper, Calcium Manganese. Estimated Glycemic Load 2
- 1/2 of a 14 oz water pack tub of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 pkg firm silken tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp olive or cooking oil
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed and diced
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp gr cumin
- 1 tsp gr coriander
- 1 tsp gr fennel
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaf
- 1/2 tsp oregano leaf
- 1 tsp basil leaf
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Oil a glass or ceramic pie pan or baking dish
- Whiz tofu, nutritional yeast, Braggs or soy sauce and pepper in food processor until well blended OR blend well with a potato masher or your hands
- Add parsley and whiz briefly until chopped into the tofu mix OR chop finely and add to the tofu mix
- Heat oil in a fry pan on medium-low
- Grate carrot, chop celery and stir fry until half cooked
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 4 strips, then slice thin and add to pan. Stir fry until beginning to soften
- Add spices and herbs, stir fry 1 minute
- Turn off heat, add the tofu mixture to the fry pan and mix with the veggies & spices
- Spread in the pie or baking dish evenly, and smooth the top
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the top is browned
- Cool 5 minutes
- Carefully turn tofu frittata out onto a plate to serve, or slice and serve from the baking dish
The veggies don't have to be more than half cooked, as they'll finish cooking in the oven
Choose from garlic, onion, scallions, mushrooms, peppers, asparagus, fennel, green beans, snow peas, broccoli or cauliflower chopped small, chopped spinach or arugula.
Chopped greens should be added uncooked to the tofu mix. They'll keep their color better that way.
The pinch of turmeric and paprika are necessary for color, but otherwise feel free to vary the spices and herbs to your own taste.
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us