Divine Thai Coconut Salad Dressing
Dress a Salad with the Ingredients Instead of Adding to a Stirfry!
Thai Coconut Salad Dressing has all the ingredients I love to use for a stir fry sauce. Now that it's salad season I blend everything and drizzle the results on our daily salads.
Rather than wrestle the dressing into and then out of a blender, I just use a whisk and a small bowl to blend the dressing. Then I serve it from the same bowl. Efficient, yes? Yes!
By the way, Thai Coconut Dressing is in fact lovely in stir fries if you're not in salad mode.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 20 mins
6 servings - approx. 1.5 cups of dressing
Nutrition Data Per Serving, 71 g: 86 calories, 8g fat, 67 cal fr fat, 4g carbohydrate, 176mg sodium, 1g dietary fiber, 1g protein, 2g sugars, 12% DV Vit C. Good source of Vit. C, Vit. K and Manganese. Estimated glycemic load: 2.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 - 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Thai Green Curry Paste (I use Thai Kitchen brand, it's widely available)
- 2 tsp dried basil leaves or 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar, maple syrup or sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients (except fresh basil) to a small bowl
- Use a small whisk to blend until smooth
- Mix in minced fresh basil if using
- Adjust seasonings, and then drizzle over your favorite salad
- Keeps well in the fridge, and the coconut milk will solidify. Warm up to room temperature before using.
- Feel free to use any left over dressing the next day in a stir fry!
More Dressings & Sauces:
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us