Quick Easy Tahini Green Bean Tofu Salad
Real Food With Almost No Cooking, Delicious Anytime of the Year
Tahini Green Bean Tofu Salad is pretty arranged on a platter, impressive for company, a wonderful take-along salad.
Lemon pepper tofu is available in natural food stores, or use our easy Lemon Pepper Baked Tofu recipe.
Gomasio is a blend of toasted sesame seeds and sea salt, available in natural food stores. Grind your own using 4 parts toasted sesame seeds to 1 part salt.
Total Prep & Cook Time: 20 min.
Yield: 4 Servings
Nutrition Data, 308g Serving: 255 cal, 20g carb, 17g fat, 547mg sodium, 8g fiber, 12g protein, low Cholesterol, good source Vit A, Vit C, Vit K, Thiamin, Calcium. Estimated glycemic load 6
- 3/4 lb green beans, trimmed and chopped in 1" pieces (2 cups)
- 3 scallions, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salad greens
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Toasted sesame seeds or gomasio (toast sesame seeds by stirring in a dry heavy pan on medium heat for a few minutes - they brown quickly and burn easily, so don't wander off!)
- 8 oz baked lemon-pepper tofu, cut into 1/4 inch strips
Tahini Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 diced green pepper
- 1 Tbsp mirin (rice vinegar) (OR apple cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 - 3 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Steam the green beans until just tender, about 8 minutes. Run under cold water to preserve color and stop the cooking process. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine the tahini, garlic, sesame oil, mirin, tamari, lemon juice and sugar. Whisk to blend
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked green beans, the scallions, and parsley with enough of the tahini sauce to coat the vegetables. Toss gently to coat the beans
- On a round platter lined with salad greens, arrange the green beans and tofu strips in a circular pattern
- Mound the tomatoes in the center of the circle
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over all and sprinkle with sesame seeds or gomasio
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us