Sautéed Summer Squash & Bok Choy
Mild Curry Spiced, Quick Easy Summer Vegetable Recipe
Thanks to our friend Debbie B. for this quick easy summer vegetable recipe!
Summer Squash and Bok Choy: The pale yellow summer squash, and tender deep green & white bok choy make a beautiful color & flavor combination, which needs minimal cooking.
Mild curry spiced recipe is lovely with rice or quinoa and simple mung dhal or as an Asian dish with Sweet &Sour Sauce and Fried Tofu.
Total prep & cook time: 20 min
Nutrition Data, 142g Serving: 363 cal, 50g carb, 17g fat, 269mg sodium, 6g fiber, 7g protein, low Cholesterol. Estimated glycemic load 29
You'll need a heavy weight, wide bottomed sauté pan or dutch oven for this recipe.
- 4 - 6 cups chopped summer squash (2 - 3 medium squash)
- 1 small head bok choy
- 1 Tbsp olive or other cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp gr. cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger or 1 Tbsp minced fresh
- 1/4 tsp ground fenugreek
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch cayenne
- Fresh ground pepper & rock salt to taste
- Heat the oil on medium in the pan
- Trim the ends of the squash and chop in 1 inch pieces to make about 4 cups
- Cut the white stems of the bok choy into thin slices
- Coarsely chop the green tops and set aside
- Turn the heat up to medium high and add the squash and bok choy stems
- Sauté for about 10 minutes until softened
- Add the spices and stir until the veggies are coated
- Add the green bok choy tops and stir until wilted
- Stin in a pinch of rock salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Optional: Turn heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes more before serving
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us