Shelley's Easy Tofu Ravioli Recipe
Everyone Loved Tofu Raviolis, No One Knew They're Vegan!
"The won-ton wrappers and ready made sauce make these tofu raviolis go together quickly if you organize it all ahead of time and work fast."
Thanks to Shelley Collins for her vegan tofu ravioli recipe! If you can't find vegan wonton wrappers, use spring roll wrappers made of rice flour.
Total Prep And Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Nutrition Data, 240g Serving: 267 cal, 33g carb, 9g fat, 337mg sodium, 4g fiber, 16g protein, low Cholesterol, good source Vit A, C, K, Thiamin, Folate, Iron, Magnesium. Estimated glycemic load 18
- 1 pkg won ton wrappers (or vegan pasta dough rolled out thin)
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach finely chopped
- 5 oz mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 a red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 large bunch chives or scallions chopped fine
- 1/3 c. gr sunflower seeds (use spice grinder)
- 4-6 sundried tomatoes soaked in boiling water
- 3-4 baby carrots finely grated
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- splash of lemon juice
- soymilk to thin
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- Mill sunflower seeds into meal consistency then set aside
- Drain sundried tomatoes and finely chop
- Blend sliced tofu, lemon juice, sea salt, nutritional yeast and soy milk until ricotta like consistency in a food processor OR by hand (NOT a blender - you'll get paste!)
- FINELY dice tomatoes, red peppers, and chives
- Blend with tofu mixture by hand with a fork just until well mixed
- In a small bowl combine tofu mixture with remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined
- Place a scant 1 Tbsp of mixture in center of wonton wrapper (or other vegan ravioli dough rolled out). Wet, crimp and seal edges of wrapper SECURELY (or the wrapper will open in the pan and contents will spill out)
- Cook a few at a time in your vegetable steamer for about 10 minutes, making sure to not crowd pan or they will stick to each other and be glue-ey
- Keep warm on a covered dish while the remainder cook
- Toss with a bit of olive oil when they are cooked to prevent sticking
- Top with a little fresh chopped parsley or cilantro, your favorite sauce and vegan parmesan cheese as desired
"The tofu filling is too hearty for the delicate won-ton wrappers to hold up in boiling water but steaming worked beautifully. I also sprayed a light coat of olive oil over the bottom of my metal steamer - not necessary with a bamboo steamer." - Shelley
SV Note: These are otherwise vegan. But many commercial won-ton wrappers contain eggs. We've tried to find a vegan brand which is widely available, with no success. Shelley gets hers at a Chinese grocer in her area.
If you can't find vegan wonton wrappers, try substituting a commercial pasta dough or making your own pasta dough using high gluten bread flour. You could also use spring roll wrappers made of rice flour.
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us