Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cheesecake
Rich, indulgent raw vegan dessert recipe tastes as good as it looks
Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cheesecake Recipe: The contrast between the mellow vanilla and the intense chocolate in our raw cheesecake makes it our favorite raw vegan dessert recipe.
Bring this raw chocolate cheesecake to a party and you'll be the most popular person there, because it tastes as good as it looks!
Serve with fresh fruit, coconut cream, and-or chocolate shavings.
Total prep & cook time: 45 minutes, not including soaking or chilling time
9 inch cheesecake, 12 Servings
Nutrition Data, 127g Serving: 585 cal, 61g carb, 36g fat, 15mg sodium, 6g fiber, 40g Sugars, 12g protein, very low Cholesterol & Sodium good source Manganese. Estimated glycemic load 31
- 1 cup hazelnuts, soaked overnight
- 3-6 Tbsp raw agave syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Drain hazelnuts, rub off loose bits of skin with a dishtowel and rinse
- Place nuts, 3 Tbsp agave syrup, cacao powder, and vanilla in a food processor and process until the mixture clumps together
- Add additional agave syrup 1 Tbsp at a time until the crust reaches desired texture
- Press mixture evenly into pan and chill in freezer for at least three hours
Vanilla Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked 4 hours or overnight
- 1/2 cup raw agave syrup
- 1/3 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked 4 hours to overnight
- 1/4 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw agave syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- Prepare crust and soak cashews
- For vanilla filling: blend together cashews, agave, lemon juice, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Drop spoonfuls of the vanilla filling randomly onto the prepared crust, using a spatula to get as much filling out of the blender jar as possible
- For the chocolate filling: blend together cashews, coconut oil, agave syrup, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add cacao powder and blend until completely incorporated. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate filling randomly onto the prepared crust, so that the vanilla and chocolate are evenly distributed, using a spatula to get as much filling out of the blender jar as possible
- Use the spatula to swirl the two fillings together, being careful not to overmix them
- Freeze for three hours or refrigerate overnight until set. Top with chocolate shavings or fresh fruit and serve
Save time: Don't bother to wash the blender between making the chocolate and vanilla filling, but make the vanilla filling first!
Plan ahead: Make the crust the evening before you plan to serve the cheesecake and soak the cashews for the filling at the same time. Make the filling the next morning and freeze the assembled cheesecake until an hour before dinner. Remove from freezer and allow the cheesecake to thaw for an hour or so before serving.
For a less sweet cheesecake, substitute water for half of the agave syrup.
If you find your blender straining to blend the cashews, stop every few minutes and give your blender a five minute break to avoid burning out the motor.
If you think you will be making raw cheesecake a lot, consider upgrading your blender!
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us