Creamy Cauliflower Herb Salad Dressing
Easy Healthy Delicious Low Fat, Low Glycemic Recipe
Creamy Cauliflower Salad Dressing perfect with Spinach Salad, adapted from a recipe in the Pritikin diet book.
Dry roast garlic and omit agave nectar for a fat free and unsweetened dressing. For a raw dressing, use raw cauliflower, powdered mustard, and sweeten with a couple of dates. You'll need a high speed blender for a raw version.
Cauliflower herb salad dressing keeps well in the fridge for a day or two, but is best eaten fresh - especially if it's raw.
Total Prep & Cook Time: 20 min
8 Servings or approx. 2 cups
Nutrition Data Per Serving: 17 cal, 3g carb, 1g fat, 61mg sodium, 1g fiber, 1g protein, 1g sugars, good source Vit. C, K, B6, Folate, Potassium. Estimated glycemic load 1
- 1 cup raw cauliflower chopped in small florets
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp prepared brown mustard (e.g. Grey Poupon)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill, mint, basil or parsley
- OR: 2 tsp dried basil or dill
- To make this recipe, you'll need a blender or blender stick, a pot with a lid, and a spatula is handy.
- Roast garlic with oil on low in a small frying pan for 10 min or until the garlic is soft
- Add cauliflower and water to a pot and bring to a boil
- Cover and cook the cauliflower on low until tender (approx 10 minutes)
- Chop the fresh herb if you're using
- Squeeze the lemon and strain the juice
- Add the cauliflower and water to the blender with roasted garlic, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, syrup, salt & pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adding another tsp or two of water, or non-dairy milk, as needed
- Add the chopped herb or dry basil and blend briefly
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape the dressing out into a bowl or storage container