Cauliflower Carrots and Peas
Simple Easy Delicious Steamed Vegetable Recipe
Nutrition Data Per Serving, 139g: 70 calories, 12 calories from fat, 12g carbs, 1g fat, 44mg sodium, 5g sugars, 4g dietary fiber, 4g protein, low Saturated Fat, very low Cholesterol, good source Vit. B6, Potassium, very good source Vit. K, Folate. Estimated glycemic load: 4.
More about cooking steamed vegetables
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 small head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley or basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a steamer or saucepan with a steamer insert
- Add the veggies, cover, and steam for 5 - 10 minutes on medium until tender
- OR: If you don't have a steamer basket, steam the veggies on low in 1/4 cup water in the bottom of the pan
- Remove the steamer basket, drain the water, and stir the veggies with olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and fresh minced parsley or basil
For a quick lunch or dinner, serve steamed cauliflower, carrots and peas with rice or quinoa and fried tofu.
If you have more time to play in the kitchen, try this recipe with Spicy Tofu Rice Pilaf and
Chickpea Gravy. Make extra and mix the leftovers together for a take-along lunch the next day.
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us