Quick Easy Carrot Apple Salad Recipe
Sweet Crunchy Kid Friendly Salad, Loved By Kids of All Ages!
Carrot Raisin Salad: Tasty combo of tart apple chunks, chewy raisins, crunchy walnuts and sweet carrots make this salad a big hit with kids of all ages.
Quick easy recipe that kids enjoy helping make. Grating and chopping might be beyond the little ones, but measuring, mixing and tasting are fun!
Total Prep Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Data Per Serving: 168 cal, 22g carb, 8g fat, 75mg sodium, 3g fiber, 2g protein. Low cholesterol, good source Vit. K & Vit. A. Estimated glycemic load 8
- 4 large carrots, peeled and coarsely grated (approx. 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 medium apples, cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonaise (or veganaise)
- Optional: 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir gently until well mixed
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until you are ready to serve
- Store left-overs in the fridge, and eat within 12 hours - great for breakfast!