Apple Dessert Recipe: Baked Apples
Easy, Healthy, Apple Recipe For Everyday or Special Occasions
Delicious baked apple dessert recipe, a classic comfort food. This cheap, easy, healthy dessert multiplies to as many apples as you want to core and can fit in your oven.
It's a bonus that baked apples are quick & easy, because they look and taste so good!
Baked apples are over-the-top delicious with vegan Cashew Cream Dessert Toppping, or Coconut Whipped Cream
Total Prep & Cook Time: 60 Min
Nutrition Data, 225 g Serving: 260 cal, 58g carb, 5g fat, 84mg sodium, 4g fiber, 1g protein, low Cholesterol. Estimated glycemic load 28
- 4 large ripe crisp sweet red apples (Romes or Jona-Gold are good, not Red Delicious or Macintosh)
- 2/3 cup unbleached organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp veggie spread or butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Wash the apples
- 3. With a small sharp knife, cut out a 1 1/2 inch round cone shaped piece from the stem end of each apple
- 4. Use a small spoon to scoop out the rest of the core
- 5. IMPORTANT: Be careful NOT to go through the other end of the apple, or your sugar mixture won't stay inside the apple!
- 6. Mix the sugar, veg spread or butter and cinnamon to make a paste
- 7. Add 1/4 of the paste to the middle of each apple
- 8. Place apples in a casserole dish with lid, or a cake pan covered with foil
- 9. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover, and bake for 40 - 45 minutes, until apples are tender but not falling apart
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us